The Company since Coronavirus
Are your stores opened for take-out?
Yes, our San Francisco and Palo Alto location is opened for take-out with in store shopping and curbside pick-up by placing your order online before. We even have a yellow zone parking area reserved for you!
Are you delivering?
Yes, we are shipping the Macarons all across California and US Nationwide
California Addresses are shipped overnight, SF to SF as well Outside California - Nationwide with FedEx 2 days
Insider Tip: For San Francisco residents, you can order through GrubHub, Uber Eats & Cornershop by Uber Eats
Why you are not offering "Hand" delivery anymore?
Our hand-delivery was made from our 2 different locations, to avoid expensive long-distance
deliveries costs and having the possibility to do shipping, we feel it is better for social-distancing & everyone's safety than delivery.
Insider Tip: For San Francisco residents, you can order through GrubHub and Uber Eats/Cornershop by Uber Eats
General info about lead-time
At the checkout, a calendar will appear with the first delivery/pick-up date available.
Insider Tip: If it is for an important event date, kindly call one of our stores and request an early delivery date. (based upon availability and lead time)
For a large order, kindly order in advance, giving us time to plan our kitchen schedules. Merci!
I want to support your business but my family and I can't eat macarons, what can I do?
OPTION 1: You can purchase a gift certificate for you or your loved ones.
OPTION 2: You can send a macarons &
other gift boxes as gifts, to your colleagues, family, and friends!
OPTION 3: You can share about us to all your network...family, friends, colleagues, mailing list, social
In this crisis, we continue to help our community and remembering the most at risk. By donating some happiness through Macarons. You can participate by adding $30 donation to your cart, and we will add 24 macarons to the next donation delivery. Thank you!
OpenHouse SF Retirement Home – 95 Laguna St – 60 residents & employees
Sequoia Retirement Home – 550 residents & employees
Providence Retirement Home – 59 Residents & employees
OpenHouse SF Retirement Home – 55 Laguna St – 60 residents & employees
Little Sisters of the Poor – 160 person
Kimochi Senior Assisted Living
Kaiser Permanente, Sf Medical Center and Pharm
Chinese Hospital San Francisco
Who is Chantal Guillon?
The company stand’s behind each one of our macarons, baked daily in the Soma Store kitchen in San Francisco. Started from a simple passion for the Parisian lifestyle, our
passion and dedication in each box is a guarantee to quality, with the only goal to surprise and delight you in every bite.
What makes Chantal Guillon Macarons exceptional?
The constant search and consistent sourcing of the best ingredients and techniques. Each macaron, shell filling is handmade daily in the art of the French pastry. We take pride in
considering our macaron as a pastry, sold fresh in our stores and shipped to you with care. We never compromise on our quality and savoir-faire.
Our passion is to always push creativity in every aspect: taste, look and texture.
When did Chantal Guillon Macarons open?
The first shop opened in 2008 in Hayes Valley, San Francisco. Then in 2012, the Palo Alto store, and in 2014 the creation of SoMa store, in San Francisco again, with a beautiful, large, and upgraded kitchen to respond to the demand. The company remains an independent and family-owned business.
What is a French Macaron?
A French Macaron is a sweet meringue-based pastry, made with egg whites, sugar icing, and almond powder. Chantal Guillon macarons are filled with ganache, which is a chocolate based. They are the modern urban “on the go” pastry.
Macarons vs Macaroons?
Macarons are traditional French pastries, not to be mistaken with the coconut based Macaroon.
Are Chantal Guillon Macarons gluten free?
Yes, they are “naturally” and traditionally gluten free, being made with almond flour.
How many calories is in one macaron?
Depending on the flavor, our macarons vary from 80 to 110 calories each. Please note that our macarons are handmade, and that the weight can slightly vary from one to another. On a personal note, since 2008, I have been eating a minimum of a macaron daily (quality control oblige) and my doctor doesn’t seem to disapprove.
Do Chantal Guillon Macarons contain nuts?
Yes, they are all made with almond flour. Also minimal trace levels of other nuts can be found.
Do Chantal Guillon Macarons contain dairy?
Yes, they all contain dairy in the ganache filling.
Are Chantal Guillon Macarons vegan?
We are proud to be one of the first companies re-inventing the macaron recipe to make a Vegan version, since 2015. At this time, Vegan Macaron production is interrupted. Please email us with any questions or special request to email@example.com.
Where are Chantal Guillon Macarons made?
Our macarons are handmade in San Francisco, in our SoMa location, and delivered daily to our Palo Alto store.
Where can I find out about Chantal Guillon Macarons prices?
Visit our shop page, click here
How long Chantal Guillon Macarons last?
As any fresh pastry, our macarons are best enjoyed within 3-5 days upon receiving. For the best freshness, we recommend to serve them the same day, or to keep them refrigerated upon 30 min before serving. This information is sent along with any gift box, on the back of our flavor card.
Can I choose my macaron flavors in store?
Yes, it is part of the experience of stepping in our stores. You can create your own assortment to fill your gift box. Our team will guide you through the different flavors available daily. Telling you about each flavor and helping you making your choice of the perfect assortment, whether it is for you or for a special gift.
Can I choose my macarons flavors online?
Yes, you can create your own assortment after choosing your gift box size. Click here
How many macarons flavors do you have? How often do you change your flavors?
We are proud to offer the widest flavor selection of Macarons. We have 12 classic flavors available all year round. Plus 6 seasonal for each Fall-Winter and Spring-Summer Collection. In addition, each month we reveal a Limited Edition flavor. Everyday, 14 to 16 flavors are available to choose from. See our current flavors, here.
Which flavor is less sweet than the other?
As a French pastry chef, I do not like when a pastry is too sweet. It is why we do not add unnecessary sugar, more than the recipe require. The amount of sugar in a macaron is the same from a flavor to another. But our taste buds react differently to sweetness if associated with acidity or bitterness. For example, if a flavor is tart, like Passion Fruit, it will taste less sweet than a Vanilla macaron which is more flowery. I recommend to try Dark Chocolate, Coffee, Almond Amaretto, and all fruity macarons for their natural acidity.
Will a paper receipt be sent with my macaron order?
No, by default we do not add any paper receipt in the package. Your order confirmation email will include a receipt for your payment. If you need an extra copy, email us your request at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number.
Can I add a personalized message to my order?
Yes, for each product ordered you can add a message using GIFT MESSAGE field in the page product. It is a complimentary service, free of charge. Your message will be hand written on a card and sent with the package. In the message, thank you for including the receiver name and sign your name. Unless you want it anonymous
Can I have a gift wrapping?
Yes, you can request a satin ribbon to be added, 5 colors to choose from, by entering your choice in GIFT ribbon drop down menu available on each product pages. It is with an additional fee.
I would like to order multiple gifts to be sent to multiple addresses, how do I do?
You have 2 options:
1. Place one order for each address you want the macarons to be sent to.
2. Email us at event@chantalguillon with a list of the addresses you want us to ship each box, and we will take care of shipping them to each one.
Shipping & Delivery
Can I schedule a pick-up in store?
Yes, it is the perfect solution if you are in a rush. At check-out, you can select the location, as well as the date and time you would like to pick-up your order. Each location has different business hours.
Can I schedule a delivery?
Yes, in San Francisco, the Peninsula, the South Bay and San Jose via GrubHub and Uber Eats/Cornershop by Uber Eats.
What if I need a macarons delivery today?
We offer a same day delivery service via GrubHub and Uber Eats/Cornershop by Uber Eats.
Do you ship the macarons everywhere in the US?
Yes, we do ship nationwide according to the zip code you enter at check-out, the following shipping options will be offered to you:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Once the package has left our facility, Chantal Guillon cannot assume responsibility for any issues due solely to shipping.
California Overnight: Your order will be shipped overnight in a special packaging anywhere in California for a $18 flat rate. You can select a specific arrival date, Tuesday to Friday. (UPS)
Nationwide 2-Day Shipping:
Your order will be shipped in a special insulated packaging anywhere in the US. You can select a specific arrival date Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The cost is calculated according to the receiver zip code, from San Francisco and at the courier's rate (FedEx)
All our Macarons are made in and shipped from San Francisco, CA.
Do you offer international shipping?
We do not offer any international shipping service online. But you can email us your request at email@example.com. Please specify the macarons quantity, country and zip code.
Do you ship to PO Boxes?
No, we don’t.
I am traveling, is it safe to bring macarons with me?
Absolutely, we offer a special traveling box. Simply request it in the special instruction field at check-out, we will pack your macarons accordingly. Then, keep them in your carry-on (it is allowed), don’t miss your plane, and don’t run a marathon with them.
Where to get macarons?
Right here on this website, and not just any macarons, considered by many the best macarons in California. You don’t have a macarons shop near you, will ship them to you, anywhere in the US. Our shipping macarons boxes are made to keep the macarons fresh during transit.
Do you have a dedicated corporate service?
Yes, we work closely with small and large companies to respond to their needs, from small or large events, to receptions, branding campaigns, corporate gifts, and beyond. Visit our dedicated page, or email us directly with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
My team and I will respond to your request as soon as possible.
Corporate Gifts: Do you ship to multiple addresses?
Yes, we will take care of all the deliveries and shipments directly from our facilities, making sure each gift arrives safely to destination. We can also include your own message and customize your boxes and/or macarons to your brand. For a detailed quote, please contact us at email@example.com. My team and I will reply as soon as possible.
Can I customize my Chantal Guillon Macarons?
Yes, we have a very advanced solution to customize any brand, logo and artwork directly on your macarons. With a minimum of 24 pieces per order, our team will work closely with you to personalize the macarons to your style. Visit our dedicated page for more information, or email us directly with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
My team and I will respond as soon as possible.
- Can I order customized gift boxes?
Wedding & Celebrations
Do you offer favor gift boxes for parties and weddings?
Yes, we have a beautiful 2-piece Favor Box, which can be customized to your wedding and event theme, with a personalized sticker, label and ribbon. You are also free to pick any macaron flavor in our current classic and seasonal selection. Visit our dedicated page for more information. Don’t hesitate to email us directly with any question at email@example.com. My team and I will respond as soon as possible.
Do you offer Chantal Guillon Macarons towers or display options?
Yes, we have beautiful Macarons towers in 3 differents size and style. Each can be customized to your wedding or event theme, with your choice of macarons flavors to match your taste and delight and surprise your guests. Visit our dedicated page for more information. Feel free to email us directly with any question at firstname.lastname@example.org. My team and I will respond as soon as possible.
Can I schedule a macaron tasting appointment?
Yes, with a wide choice of flavors and colors, it can be overwhelming to make a choice. It is why we offer the possibility to schedule a one on one appointment, to taste our macaron flavors, discuss your colors, and help you make the best choice for your event. A $25 fee will be required at booking, which will be waived upon placing your final order. Email us at email@example.com with your availability, we will contact you for confirmation.
How far in advance do I need to order?
We always recommend you place your order as soon as possible, to allow you the most choice and best service available, and avoid any rush fee. The lead time varies according to the size of your party, if you are looking to customization, and location. The best is to email us at event@chantalguillon, with your request, my team will reply to you with a personalized answer adapted to your needs.
I don't see a ribbon color that goes with our color scheme. Can I provide my own?
Yes, you can provide us your ribbon. Exclusively for large order, we also offer a wider color palette of satin ribbon to choose from and match your theme or brand. Please contact us as soon as possible to allow research time and labor time to prepare your custom orders.
Giveaway & Random Draw Contest
Terms and Conditions - Newsletter Subscription Monthly Giveaway
**CURRENTLY NOT OFFERING**
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: US residents only.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and the Contestant represents and warrants that the Contestant meets the eligibility requirements. In addition, the Contestant agrees to accept the decisions of Chantal Guillon as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: The period of participation end on the date announced in the Giveaway post and landing page. The winner will be announced by email to all subscribers who registered during the entry period no later than few weeks after the end of the entry period.
4. Entry Rules: See Above for Entry rules. Entries that are incomplete, inappropriate or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Chantal Guillon. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Chantal Guillon.
5. Prizes: The winner will receive the gift announced on the giveaway post. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Chantal Guillon Company discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Chantal Guillon to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by random draw under the supervision of Chantal Guillon. Winner will be notified by email within one day following the selection of the Winner. Chantal Guillon shall have no liability for the Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by the Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Chantal Guillon, anyone acting on behalf of Chantal Guillon, and Chantal Guillon licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contest: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Chantal Guillon. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute an infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Chantal Guillon from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Chantal Guillon may incur, suffer, or be required to pay to arise out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions Chantal Guillon reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Chantal Guillon control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Chantal Guillon may select the Winner from all eligible entries received during the campaign period. Chantal Guillon reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Chantal Guillon has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Chantal Guillon reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Chantal Guillon and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States of America, in California, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in San Francisco, California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. By participating to the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.